Thursday Coaching Sessions 


The day started with breakfast at 7:30 with some yummy cereal and juice. We then headed off for our first coaching session of the day at 8:30. We played games with the children such as fishy fishy (bulldog), in and out and all the children had fun! Everyone is so polite and competitive which made the experience so much more fun. We waved our goodbyes and headed back to camp to eat lunch which included a delicious cheese sandwich, some crisps and some fruit. We then left to go to our second coaching session which was extremely enjoyable as all the children were engaged and motivated. I even joined in for the game, and some of the children were much better than me! We went back to camp and Mr Horrod told us we were going to visit one of the young leaders, called Jordan, home that he shares with his mum and grandmother. He lives near the grounds of Sosco school, which was one of my favourites to coach at. It was an emotional and eye opening experience that revealed the true reality of life in Africa. We then went back to come and freshened up, Mr Horrod then ordered us all a takeaway pizza which was a nice pick me up. Millie and I share a pepperoni pizza which was a favourite amongst the group. Everyone agreed that the pizza was lovely and I’m looking forward to the first tournament tomorrow! 


Written by Annabelle.  


First Tournament and some birthday celebrations!


Today was tournament day! It was a very early start but a great one as Minnie, Annabelle, Ella-Kate and Izzy had decorated the room with safari balloons and sung happy birthday to me. It was a very sweet start to a long day, with breakfast at 5:30! I had a cheeky bowl of coco pops and granola. After that I helped Peely make what he likes to call bags of love, which were the donation bags for the schools at the tournament. Then we loaded onto the bus at 6:30, got to the venue and set up the pitches. Everyone got given a role and sorted things out. I was a referee, I might have not been the best but Jasper helped so together we made a good team. We refereed 15 games in total! Some teams were very good and all the children were so loving and kind, but also very competitive. They sometimes knew the rules better than me! Then watched Dylan and Stanley referee the two finals, they did a great job. After the tournament we were all very dusty and had to come back to have a shower, thankfully I got get changed into my own clothes again as my suitcases had made it to camp on Wednesday after being lost! I helped cut the bread roles for our sandwiches and then had another shower that was a disaster! The whole bathroom flooded and we had to use all our towels to dry the floor, which meant two hours we were still washing our stinky towels.  We finished the day with a lovely dinner of lasagne and salad. I opened my presents and cards, thank you for my mirror Nathan, I miss you lots. Thank you for the anklet Jack and Maisie. Thank you mum for the presents too. Today was a brilliant and memorable 15th birthday and I appreciate everyone for making it special. I love you Mum, Dad, Jack and Maisie, I miss you a ton, see you in two weeks!


Written by Millie. 


Today I woke up at 5:30 for breakfast and had some cornflakes. We got the minibus at 6:30 to the playing field where we would hold our first tournament. I helped set up the pitches and volunteered to be a referee with my birthday buddy Millie. We refereed 15 games in total which was really fun but also chaotic! Some disagreed with our decisions but we ignored them and moved on. There was some confusion with schools and some cheaters, but overall we were able to figure it out. At the end we watched the two finals reffed by Dylan and Stan. We then gave our medals and trophies to the runners up and winners of the final. Then we distributed donations to the teachers. We came back and had lunch and chilled until dinner. We had a tomato soup starter and lasagne main, which were both very tasty. Everyone sung me and Millie happy birthday, and Mr Horrod had even got us a birthday card which everyone signed. We also watched each other appear on the news who were there at the tournament. Then we headed to bed after a very long day! 

Miss you Mum, Dad, Violet and Willoughby. See you in two weeks, can’t wait! 


Written by Jasper. 


PHOTOS TO FOLLOW

Comments

  1. Hi Annabelle
    I have just been catching up on all the blog posts on here, and can’t believe what an amazing adventure you are all having. I’m exhausted just reading it and you still have another week to go!! I’ve loved all the photos and videos and continue having the best time of your life. Get ready for a MHI (Massive Hug Incoming) when you get home. We miss you loads and love you lots. Mum and Dad xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sponsored Run 2026

Saturday and Sunday