Sunday 26 - Photos to follow

 

Tuesday 21st

Today I woke up at 6:30 and we had another rad breakfast which was toast and avocado. We then went to the local old peoples home to do our second day of community projects. I was doing plastering and it was really interesting and I think our group did well. We then drove back to the camp for pasta for lunch. We then went to training for the second day at the same school. It was hard work to get them to understand the rules properly but interested to get to know them. We were kindly gifted a drum from my groups school and travelled all the way back with it. When we arrived back home we were sitting on the benches and we suddenly saw a swarm of 1000 or more bees buzzing towards us! Everyone ran away as they swarmed towards the drum and went instead. We have no idea why that happened but we think there must have been some magical curse on the drum. However Brian and Mpala came and wrapped it in plastic and took it away. In the evening we played a game that was like Mafia but call witches. We all sat around the campfire and had to work out who were the witches and who were the innocent villagers. We got pretty far into the game without catching many witches…and I was one of the witches! I got away with it without suspicion but Grace was the best witch. I had a great day!

Sending lots of love to my parents! See you soon!

P.S. Happy birthday to Rose and Eleanor says happy birthday to Emi!

Written by Alice.

 

Wednesday 22nd July

Today started off at 7:30 when we had breakfast. We ate scrambled eggs on toast and then set off at 8:30 to our community projects. My group went to the Izeeko plastic factory to learn how to make the recycled plastic bracelets. After this we headed back to the camp to have lunch where we had our sandwiches before going to our afternoon training sessions. We enjoyed teaching the kids and learning some of the words from their language. We had to select the children that we wanted to play in the tournament on Friday. They were all extremely excited through out the session and played well. At 3:00 we headed back to camp and got ready to go out for dinner. When we got to the restaurant there were live performers and fire breathers started performing. We were then all given a drum and got taught how to play. Afterwards we got pulled up onto the stage to dance, everyone loved it, even if it was a bit embarrassing! Then we had our dinner, I had a sirloin steak which was really nice. Once we had eaten everybody danced at the bar for an hour before heading back to the camp to go to sleep. I miss my friends and family but I am having an amazing time.

Written by Dylan.

 

Today I woke up happy and ready for the challenges of the day. I had a nice breakfast of toast, scrambled egg and porridge. Once it was time for us to leave for our community project and I was given the task of painting one of the walls. It was a fun job that we all enjoyed and put in the hard work. We finished up and had sandwiches back at camp. We were then given half an hour to prepare to leave to coach our schools that we have been working with. Once we arrived the kids were happy and excited to get going; the session was good and they learnt a lot! We had to start thinking about who to choose for the tournament on Friday. Once the training was finished we headed back and rested up before heading to a local restaurant. Once we arrived there, we had a dance and drum performance, which we all took part in and enjoyed. Then there was a fire performer who blew it out of their mouth, it was great. We then sat for our good and I had a sirloin steak that was very nice. After all the food was eaten every was dancing and enjoying the moment. We headed back from the restaurant and headed to bed to wrap up an awesome day.

Written by Jack.

 

Thursday 23rd

Hi everyone, today we had breakfast which was beans and avocado on toast and porridge, we then left camp to do our morning activity which was our fourth and final community project at the elderly home. So far I’ve done brick laying, plastering and visited Izeeko plastic recycling project. Today I did painting and it was super satisfying and fun to do. We went back to the camp for lunch which was pasta with minced beef. Then we left for coaching at our schools and my group gets to drive in a 4x4 with the seats in the back like a safari car, which is super fun to be in! After coaching we selected teams for the tournament tomorrow and then headed to camp once again. Me and some friends headed to the lookout to watch the sunset which is where I’m now writing this. I’m really happy to be here and I’m having so much fun on this trip. I’m going to be sad to leave but also happy to go home and see everyone I miss. I love you Mom, Isabelle, Amelia, Brendan, Domino and Sid. I miss you all so much and can’t wait to see you guys soon! Love you all!

Written by Imogen.

Hey everyone, today we completed our last community task which for me was bricklaying. It was challenging but we got to talk to the elderly people and we saw baboons walking around the property. Our coaching went great and I definitely see our team winning tomorrows tournament. Before dinner we played a few games of rugby, then afterwards everyone participated in a big game of Mafia around the campfire, which was fun! I miss you mum and dad, see you soon.

Written by Olivia.

 

Friday 24th

Today we got a bit of a lie in and woke up at 7:30. Breakfast was eggs on toast which was very yummy. My group had to wear costumes because we lost around the campfire last night, as we did not remember our words. We walked to the tournament, where we got to go see the kids we have been coaching all week. I handed out bracelets to the team I coached which they loved. The schools each had four teams, one on each pitch. I loved supporting my teams in the semi-final and final. We came back and had lunch. Then we tried to go to a café but it was closed, but we got to see wild elephants up close and brought a drink from Pick’n’Pay instead. We came back, had dinner, sat around the campfire and played real life Among Us. Lots of love to the family and Isla.

Written by Minnie. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sponsored Run 2026

Saturday and Sunday